Tail sping mount

Wed, Jun 2nd 2010

Today I started by cutting a notch in the F-779 skin to allow for the WD-409 tail spring mount (the part that holds the leg for the tailwheel) to protrude through it. Then I wrestled the F-779 skin onto the F-711 and F-712 bulkhead assemblies. It seems this is a notoriously bad fitting skin, and it's thick enough that it's a bit of a pain to bend to get to fit any better. After I got it to a workable state of fitting, I drilled it to the bulkheads, then disassembled them and installed the WD-409 during reassembly. The final step for the night was drilling the WD-409 to the bulkheads.

Drawing: 27
Hours: 4